USPS Files for Price Increases for Market Dominant Products for July 2023
The United States Postal Service filed notice on April 10, 2023 with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) regarding the price adjustment for market dominant products for July 2023. This price adjustment must be approved by the PRC. The USPS plans to implement these price increases on July 9, 2023.
The proposed price changes include increases ranging from 5.378% to 8.122% The chart below shows the overall price change increase percentage by class of mail.
First-Class Retail one-ounce stamp price is proposed to increase from 63 cents to 66 cents. Overall, First-Class Mail will increase by 5.378%. The balance of the proposed price changes are shown in the charts below.
USPS Marketing Mail
The overall proposed increase for USPS Marketing Mail is 5.381%. However, since Marketing Mail Flats, Parcels, and Carrier Route Mail have not covered their costs, those categories will see larger increases. See the charts below for the detailed percentage changes by category.
The USPS is proposing two new discounts for letter-shaped Marketing Mail pieces on SCF pallets, shown in the chart below:
The overall proposed increase for Periodicals Mail is 8.122%.
Package Services Mail
The overall proposed increase for Package Services Mail is 5.379%. Bound Printed Matter Flats will increase by 3.537%, while Bound Printed Matter Parcels will increase by 3.468%. See detailed chart below.
Please see chart below for the proposed increases in Special Services.
The USPS is offering six promotional discounts in calendar year 2024:
• Reply Mail IMbA (Intelligent Mail barcode Accounting) – (repeated promotion from 2023) – discount of 3% or 6% for mailers who use IMbA on qualifying postage for First-Class Mail presort and automation letters sent during the established period. Three percent discount for using static IMbA, six percent discount for using serialized IMbA.
• Retargeting Mail (repeated promotion from 2023) – discount of 5% on First-Class automation postcards that are mailed in connection with website or app behavior during the established program period.
• Emerging & Advanced Technology (repeated promotion from 2023 but now mailers may choose their start date for a six-month promotion period) – discount of 3 or 4%
• Informed Delivery (repeated promotion from 2023) – discount of 4% for Mail Owners, 0.5% incentive for Mail Preparers
• Personalized Color Transpromo (repeated promotion from 2023) – discount of 3%
• Tactile, Sensory and Interactive Engagement (repeated promotion from 2023) – discount of 5%
Enru will be hosting webinars to review the price change proposals later in May 2023. Stay tuned for more information on how to register for these webinars.
The full price change proposal notice may be found on the Postal Regulatory Commission website.